Remaining suspect wanted in Langmuir Avenue shooting turns self in: London, Ont. police

0
35

London, Ont., police say the last remaining suspect wanted in connection with a shooting on Langmuir Avenue nearly a year ago has turned himself in to police.

The 23-year-old man, from Brantford, remains in custody as of Tuesday, police said. He has a court date Thursday.
Last Thursday, police confirmed that two people were in custody in connection with the Feb. 21, 2023, shooting.


Get the latest National news.

Sent to your email, every day.

At that time, police said a 29-year-old from Brantford and a 45-year-old from Hamilton were “in custody on unrelated matters,” but a 23-year-old from Brantford had not yet been located.

All three are facing charges including aggravated assault, armed robbery, use of a firearm during the commission of an indictable offence and disguise with intent. The third suspect has since turned himself in.

Police initially said they were called to a residence around 12:50 p.m. on Feb. 21, 2023 and found a victim with a gunshot wound, but the suspects had already fled. The victim was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

&copy 2024 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Enable Google Transliteration.(To type in English, press Ctrl+g)